Home and School
Mission Statement and Purpose
The Home & School Board is a service ministry devoted to organizing the school community through governing administrative efforts for its teachers, parents, volunteers, staff, and administration. This board member ministry:
- Supports programs that enrich our students academically, socially, and spiritually.
- Coordinates all volunteer committees by establishing strong community connections.
- Encourages regular parental involvement and sponsors school hospitality.
- Promotes strong communication within the school community.
- Oversees the parish Food for Thought program which funds vital programs for students.
Board members devote themselves to building the kind of school community spirit in which teachers and students can thrive, making for a more effective and efficient educational environment.
Home & School assists with the following school events:
- Welcome Back Teacher Breakfast
- Monthly Coffee Socials
- Picture Day
- Taste of Kindergarten & Preschool Open House
- Teacher Christmas Luncheon
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Catholic Schools Week
- Field Day
- Parish Festival
- STEM Day
- May Crowning
- Volunteer Appreciation Mass
- 8th Grade Graduation
What We Do
Acting as a liaison between our administration and families, Home & School enriches our school by encouraging family involvement and communication. Our Home & School board holds monthly meetings to plan our events, discuss budgetary guidelines, and organize volunteer resources. We also:
- Allocate Food for Thought funds for vital school programs and supplies
- Organize all volunteer opportunities
- Facilitate our weekly newsletter and news website
- Plan staff appreciation events, correspondence, and gifts
- Offer hospitality for school events and Sacrament receptions
- Provide lunches for teachers during parent/teacher conferences
- Decorate the school campus for Christmas
- Pass out candy canes for St. Nicholas Day